Chat Lock: Keep Chats Highly Secure
December 14, 2023 (3 months ago)
WhatsApp is a widely used chat app with over 7 billion voice messages & over 10 billion text messages shared every day. For chatting & conversations, WhatsApp offers end-to-end encryption to keep privacy protected. But WhatsApp is always working to make itself highly secure for its users. Hence, it always comes with innovations and privacy updates to keep users' privacy highly secure. Chat Lock is the latest advancement in this regard. WhatsApp has launched a dedicated chat lock to keep users' conversations private. You can apply a finger lock, password, or PIN for your chat lock. Pattern lock can also be used for your conversation lock. Here in this article, we will explore the dedicated chat lock for WhatsApp conversations.
Features of Chat Lock
This chat lock comes with high-end privacy and keeps things protected. Here are some feature highlights of this chat lock.
- It keeps your conversations highly secure as no one can access your chats.
- Multiple options to apply a lock as you can set a finger, PIN, Pattern, or password as your chat lock.
- The conversation for which you apply the chat lock will disappear from your conversation list.
- It means complete protection of your chat as all your protected chats will not be in your conversation list.
- Easy to apply as you can lock any conversation in two easy steps.
How to Apply Chat Lock on WhatsApp?
Here are a few simple steps that will help you lock your conversation on WhatsApp.
- The first step is to ensure that your device has an internet supply. Also, make sure that you are using the latest GB version given on this website.
- Now open the WhatsApp App, and tap on any profile icon of conversation in your chat section.
- Now tap on the (i) icon given at the bottom right below the profile and it will take you to the info about this contact.
- Here you will see the mobile number, info, and bio of this contact. Below this, there will be a toggle for the chat lock.
- Just switch on this toggle and apply the desired lock method as you can choose finger, password, PIN, or Pattern lock.
- Once you apply the lock, your chat will be protected, and conversation with this contact will be archived.
- You can access all these conversations from “Locked Chats” given at the top of the conversation list.